With VersaCheck software, you can print your own checks on real check paper using magnetic ink.
Among the advantages of printing your own checks are increased security by not having checkbooks lying around and saving money from buying expensive pre-printed checks.
Versacheck printers can also integrate with your accounting system to make your accounts payable process automatic. We’ll look at the best printers in this article.
|Product Name||Best Feature /b>||Price|
|Versacheck HP Deskjet 3755mx||Best overall|
|Versacheck HP Deskjet 1112mx||Best compact printer|
|VersaCheck HP Deskjet 2655MX||Best Soft Serve|
|HP OfficeJet 200 with Wireless||Best Full-Color Printer|
|HP Envy 4520||Best Photo Printer|
In theory, VersaCheck software can work with any inkjet or laser printer that is compatible with the Windows operating system.
Another requirement is being able to feed letter-sized paper. Your choice of printer is effectively limited to printers for which consumables are available because printing checks that meet all industry standards require special ink or toner.
You will need to print your checks on pre-printed special paper with security features to meet strict banking security standards.
These special security features include artificial watermarks, warning bands, and special micro-printed areas that appear when someone tries to make a copy of a check.
Your printer just needs to be able to feed and print on a piece of standard letter-sized paper as these pre-printed check papers are available.
Toner and Ink
To use a VersaCheck printer, you need special toner or ink to print checks that conform with US and Canadian government-issued banking regulations. VersaPrint sells special ink in pre-filled cartridges.
The ink contains magnetic particles and a magnetic ink character recognition (MICR) scanner can read it. VersaCheck magnetic ink and toner cartridges are specific depending on the printer.
They are available for many models from HP, Canon, Dell, Epson and other major printer manufacturers. Make sure you can print with this special ink when you buy a printer.
Requirements vary according to the printers, but there are some things they have in common. Most modern printers require that you run Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 7.
Many printers do not specify processor or RAM requirements. In general, a Pentium II processor or better and 256MB of RAM should be adequate to run them. This is also similar to what the VersaCheck software needs to run.
1.Versacheck HP Deskjet 3755mx – Compact Check Printing Printer
This is an all-in-one system: a printer, a copy machine, and a scanner.
It comes with Versaink magnetic black ink MICR for bank compliant check printing.
VersaCheck Presto software download and check paper are included. The unit is highly compact and weighs just 5.13 lbs. It is network-ready with built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n connectivity. You have everything you need to print your own checks.
The system requires Windows Vista or 10, 8, 7, XP sp2, server 2003 or 2008, and 120 MB of hard disk space.
Supports Multiple Paper Types
The printer supports plain paper, glossy or matte brochure papers, envelopes, and photo papers. Supported paper sizes include A4, A6, B5, DL, and envelopes. Paper handling is provided via a 60-sheet input tray.
The unit can handle all your everyday document printing, scanning, and copying. It is even equipped with a USB cable.
This all in one, ultra-compact printer can fit anywhere. It lets you print full-color checks and documents with bank compliant MICR ink.
The user friendly printer saves you an average of 70% because you don’t have to buy pre-printed checks from banks and mail-order suppliers.
- Printer, copier, scanner all in one
- User friendly
- You need to buy B07B5P5PNN on Amazon for compatibility with Mac
- All-in-one system: print, copy, scan
- Versaink magnetic black ink MICR for bank compliant check printing
- Super compact and lightweight 5.13lbs. Network ready: Built-in Wireless 802.11b/g/n connectivity
- VersaCheck Presto software download & check paper included...everything needed to print your own checks
- System requirement-windows 10, 8, 7, vista, xp sp2, server 2008, server 2003. 120 mb hard disk space. Paper handling 60-sheet input tray
2.Versacheck HP Deskjet 1112mx –Best Overall Printer For Check Printing
This convenient, compact printer fits in even the smallest of spaces.
It comes with MICR Versaink for bank compliant check printing and can also print photos and documents for home and business users. To help you get started, VersaCheck Presto software and check paper are included.
This printer is compatible with VersaInk-nano HP 63MS Black MICR cartridges and VersaInk-nano HP 63CS color ink cartridge. The paper sizes it supports are A4; B5; A6; DL and envelope.
The HP 1112MX MICR printer pack gets you started printing documents and checks in full color with bank compliant Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) ink.
The user-friendly 1112MX can save you up to 80% from buying pre-printed checks. With the included Versa check bonus paper pack, you can start printing checks immediately. The entry-level Versacheck Presto printing software will make printing very easy for you.
- Up to 7.5ppm black (5.5 ppm color)
- 1200 dpi (black)
- Duty Cycle: Up to 1,000 pages per month
- Comes with Versacheck bonus paper pack
- USB cable not included
- Missing installation CD and ink cartridges in some very rare cases
- Compact printer design fits in small spaces
- Includes magnetic (MICR) Versaink for bank compliant check printing
- VersaCheck Presto software & check paper included to get you started printing checks
- Check, photo and document printer for home & business users
- Up to 7.5ppm black (5.5 ppm color), 1200 dpi (black), 4800 x 1200 dpi (color).Compatible Cartridges:VersaInk-nano HP 63MS - Black MICR Cartridge - 4X Life, VersaInk-nano HP 63CS Color Ink Cartridge - 4X Life.Duty Cycle:Up to 1,000 pages per month.Supported Media Sizes: A4; B5; A6; DL envelope
#3 VersaCheck HP Deskjet 2655MX – Best Full-Color Printer
This printer is an all in one copy, print, and scan unit like our top choice. It is network-ready with built-in wireless (802.11B/g/N) connectivity.
Check paper and Presto software are included. The unit prints beautiful full color documents, naturally with bank compliant MICR ink. It saves money and is easy to use. The unit is sold with USB cable.
- All in one device
- Beautiful full color
- Heads can get clogged by magnetic ink
- Versaink full color and magnetic black ink (MICR) for bank compliant check printing
- All-in-one system: Print, copy, scan
- Network ready: built-in Wireless (802.11B/g/N) connectivity
- VersaCheck Presto software download & check paper included to start printing your own checks!
4.HP OfficeJet 200 With Wireless Best Portable Printer
This printer lets you print on the go using a mobile device thanks to the free HP ePrint app.
With wireless, you can print even without a network The standard input capacity for envelopes is up to 5, up to 20 for cards, up to 50 for sheets, up to 5 for transparencies, up to 20 for photo paper, and up to 5 for labels.
This compact, robust printer fits in your car, backpack, and more. Setup is a breeze with HP Auto Wireless Connect. Minimize charging interruptions with a long-lasting battery.
You can charge the printer at the office, at home, even in your car. Simply plug in your AC power source to charge within an hour and a half while the printer is off. For best results, use Original HP 62 ink and HP 62XL cartridges.
User-Friendly Control Panel
The big, user friendly control panel is perfect for mobile professionals and telecommuters who need a good visual anywhere they go. This is a reliable, high-quality portable printer you can take virtually anywhere.
The unit comes with one-year limited hardware warranty from HP Customer Care as well as support and service. One-year technical phone support is available.
- Easy portable printing on the go
- 2 inch display
- Wireless print from your laptop or mobile devices
- Doesn’t work with Windows 10
- Complaints about customer service
- Main functions of this HP color portable printer: easy portable printing wherever you need it, wireless print from your laptop or mobile devices, 2" display and more
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing. Standard input capacity (envelopes)- Up to 5.Standard input capacity (legal)- Up to 50 . Standard input capacity (cards) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (sheets) - Up to 50. Maximum input capacity (transparencies) - Up to 5. Maximum input capacity (cards) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (photo paper) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (4x6 photo) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (labels) - Up to 5
- Easy portable printing wherever you need it. This durable, compact printer fits in your car, backpack, and more, for convenient printing anywhere. Start printing in minutes - HP Auto Wireless Connect makes setup easy
- Reduce charging interruptions with a long-lasting battery. Charge from home, in your car or office, and more. Plug in your AC power source to charge within 90 minutes while the printer is off
- Use Original HP 62 ink & HP 62XL cartridges for great results print after print. Original HP ink prints up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
5.HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer : Best Photo Printer
This color inkjet photo printer is capable of copying, scanning, and wireless printing. Again, you can print from anywhere using a mobile device.
Your use of paper is reduced by 50% thanks to 2-sided printing. Photos without borders are printed right to the edge of the paper.
There are many reasons to opt for this high-quality, versatile product. The HP Envy 4520 Wireless AIO printer helps you do more with an affordable all-in-one device that matches your technology perfectly.
Print From Multiple Devices
This is the simplest way to print from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone. HP photo and document all-in-one printers are designed for users who want rich, lab-quality photos with scan and copy tools too.
You can start printing and enjoy a fast and easy connection with the simple setup right from your smartphone, computer, or tablet. Just connect your tablet or smartphone directly to your printer and get started. You don’t need internet access.
With the free HP all-in-one printer remote mobile app, manage printing tasks and scan on the go. For color, the print speed is up to 6.8 ppm. For black and white, it is up to 9.5 ppm.
The printer supports plain paper, photo paper, and brochure paper of the following sizes: 3×5, 4×6, 5×7, 8×10, and 8×14.
- Specs connectivity – 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0, 1 Wi-Fi 802.11B/g/n)
- Capable of printing everything from photos to documents, email and web pages
- Wireless printing
- Produces lab-quality photos
- Comes with power cable, software CD, and HP ink cartridges
- No Cons That Way.
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, touchscreen, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run out of ink, and more
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone with AirPrint, print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- Borderless photos are printed right to the edge of the paper. You get beautiful photo prints with no trimming!
- 2-sided printing: Allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%
- Save up to 50% on ink with HP Instant Ink: ordered by your printer and delivered to your door before you run out (optional subscription required). Use Original HP 63 ink cartridges to print up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we answer questions about Versacheck printers. We have focused on the most common ones.
What printers can print Versacheck checks?
Any Versacheck printer can print these checks. To do this, choose Versacheck printer in the Print Checks dialog box, then choose the respective check style. Press “Print” to launch the VersaCheck printing options dialog.
What printer is best for printing Versacheck checks?
All of the printers reviewed in this article are very good at printing them. The best is our top choice, Best Overall.
Can I print Versacheck checks on an inkjet printer?
No special printer is required to print these checks. Use an ordinary laser or inkjet printer.
Last update on 2019-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API