Last updated on April 23rd, 2020 at 05:40 pm
Commercial ice makers come in different sizes. The best commercial ice maker will depend on ice capacity required, application(hotel, bar or restaurant), and price range of course. Further, commercial Ice Makers divide into 3 groups, ice maker only, ice storage bin only and commercial ice maker with bin. We have done our research, and we have listed the best commercial ice maker Machines for restaurant, bar and hotel businesses.
Who Uses A Commercial Ice Makers?
The commercial ice maker is mostly used by people who run restaurants, bars, hotels, café, and other similar services. The majority of the users are in the hospitality industry. However, hospitals are major users as well.
Buy Vs Lease Options
Many business owners choose to go the Do It Yourself route. In other words, they choose to buy the commercial ice maker by themselves. Our picks are meant for them.
Other business owners may want to use the FREE ice maker quote form to get Quotes from ice maker service companies. Those companies offer dedicated repair and service options. In addition, they offer favorable financing options.
are based on the cost, durability status of the ice makers, the amount of ice that can be produced at a time as well as the unique features of each.
It is important also to purchase an ice-maker that is good for your needs. Certain businesses would be better off with water-cooled ice makers, while others would prefer the air-cooled ice makers.
Ice Maker Types
In this guide, we reviewed the best commercial ice maker machines across multiple categories. First, we reviewed the full dice ice makers, the portable and freestanding ice machines. In addition, we reviewed the most popular category the under counter ice maker machines, as well as half dice ice machines and ice maker with bin. Finally, we ice bin storage containers.
How Much Does An Ice Maker Cost?
The cost of commercial ice dispenser is between $500 to $5,500. The true cost is dependent on its features.
The most expensive ice maker offers many features as well as larger production capacity. There is no fixed price for all industrial ice maker machines.
15 Best Commercial Ice Makers [by Model Type]
1.Manitowoc Ice ID-0606A/D-570 Air Cooled – Full Dice Ice Machine – 636 lbs / 24 Hours
This ice maker has a production capacity that produces up to 636lb of ice cubes in 24 hours and a storage bin that saves up to 600lbs of ice cubes
- High production capacity of 630lbs of ice and storage capacity of 600lbs of ice.
- Easy to read operational function
- 24 hours of preventive maintenance to provide a general overview of activities
- Easily detachable water trough, distribution roof, and a sensing probe
- Provides extra layers with the inclusion of Duratech
- Programmable ice production process to save more on ice production
- Air-cooled condenser
What We Liked
- Easy to handle ice scooper
- Wide storage bin
- Machine works according to the preference of the user
- Easy access to internal component
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t come with a filter
2.Manitowoc Ice IDT-0500A/D-570 Ice Maker – Produce 520 lbs/ 24 hours
Built with a Duratech coating placed over stainless steel, Manitowoc Ice IDT-0500A happens to be a durable and highly effective ice maker. Its covering is built to resist corrosion and reduce the appearance of fingerprints and stains.
It monitors itself, thus making ice production easier. This ice maker produces as much as 520lb of ice and stores up to 500lb in a day. With the incorporation of AlphaSan antimicrobial agent, the ice maker is well cleaned and maintained without the growth of bacteria.
The production capacity is 520lb of ice cubes and Storage capacity of 500lb of ice cubes.
Easy to control display icons as well as the Incorporation of a timer to set production levels. Finally, Easily detachable food zones which allow Acoustical probe to measure ice thickness.
- Duratech coating to resist stains and fingerprints
- 24-hour diagnostic check and preventative maintenance routine
- Inclusion of door insulation to keep ice from melting
- Air-cooled condenser
- Energy STAR certified ice maker
3. Manitowoc ID-0502A_B-570 530 Lb Air-Cooled Full Cube Ice Machine
This system also makes it possible to produce ice really fast. You can adjust it for ice cubes of different sizes; the smallest ones are the size of a die. Among its features is a very high-capacity ice bin that can hold up to 430 lbs. of ice. Together with the ultra-high ice production capacity.
This machine is the perfect piece of equipment for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, and other big events. You’re not likely to run out of ice with this model any time soon. The machine also features a stainless steel exterior, making it very resilient – this and the sturdy construction ensure durability. It comes with a 3-year labor and parts warranty, plus five years on compressor.
Ice Production Capacity
This Manitowoc ice maker can produce 530 lbs. of fresh quality ice in just 24 hours, thanks to its integrated air-cooling system
- Air-cooled condenser
- Stainless steel finish
4. Manitowoc Ice IYT-0500A 30” – Indigo NXT Half Cube Ice Maker
Featuring a smart diagnostic, this ice maker provides users with 24-hour preventive maintenance and problem shooting feedback in other enable a smooth production of ice.
Unlike other indigo models, this ice maker saves more energy while it produces up to 550 lb of half dice ice cubes every day. It’s Alpha Sam antimicrobial feature helps to keep the ice free of bacteria all through the day.
- Ice machine produces up to 550lb of half size ice cubes every day
- Storage bin that can store up to 532lb of half dice ice cubes
- Built with an air-cooled condenser
- Display timer button to set the date and volume of ice production
- Acoustic ice-sensing device to determine the thickness of the ice
- Easy touch display to enable swift operation
- Detachable water pump, tube, water trough, and curtain
- Alpha San anti-microbial component
- Duratech exterior to resist corrosion and fingerprint
- Insulated door to make ice scooping comfortable
- In-built thumb guard to keep the ice safe
- Display features to enable users to set energy management level, cleaning processes, safety measures, and ice quality as well as production levels.
What We Liked
- High level of efficiency and productivity
- 24 hours preventive maintenance scheme
- Reduces energy consumption
- Easy to use food zone
- High level of durability
- Easily detects any operating problem
What We Disliked
- Buyers have to buy the storage bin attached to it
5.Maxx Ice 460 Lbs. – Ice Maker Machine With 400 lbs Ice Bin
Making ice has never been easier with other ice machines than this newly developed max Icemaker.
This ice maker produces 460lb of crystal clear ice cubes and stores about 430lb at a time. It is built using stainless steel, thus enabling users to save on maintenance.
- A display component that allows users to set its automatic cleaning period
- produces fresh crystal clear ice cubes
- Exterior is made with stainless steel
- Makes use of air-cooled condenser
- Produces up to 460lb of slab ice cubes and stores up to 430lb everyday
- Adjustable steel legs
- Approved by NSL and UL
- Includes a handy ice scoop
- Automatically prevents an overflow
What We Liked
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to control
- Energy-saving and cost-effective
- Swift ice production process
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Perfect for long term use
What We Didn’t Like
It doesn’t come with filter, drain and water supply
6.Vevor 110V – Best Industrial Ice Machine
In addition to its good appearance, its features also make it one of the best commercial ice maker for your hospitality business. It produces 400 lbs of ice every 24 hours and has a storage capacity of 350 lbs. This ice maker can adequately serve a bar or restaurant of over 1000 seats.
It has a digital panel that allows you to set the ice production time in advance. Produced ice can be reserved for up to 5 hours. The display panel of this ice machine makes it easy for users to identify any problem.
It also notifies users when the machine is full of ice. The machine is developed to respond to the various pushbuttons attached. With the clean push button, the ice maker can be cleaned automatically.
More so, the ice-thickness can be adjusted to suit the need of the user. Irrespective of the season, the temperature control system ensures that the machine maintains its cooling level.
- Efficient and fast ice making process
- Produces up to 40pieces of ice cubes in a production cycle
- Energy-saving features
- Powerful compressor to maintain the temperature
- Fully equipped operation panel
- Dry filter and Nano blue light to keep the ice safe for use
- Stainless steel which makes it rust resistant
- Ice may melt if allowed to stay for an extended period
The machine’s exquisite modern design makes it an ideal fit for a large number of contemporary kitchens. It can be used as a stand-alone application, and its elegant stainless steel finish will make your establishment look really great. You can also choose what size ice cubes you want the machine to make, from regular to large.
The machine comes with legs installed, which you can detach if you want it to fit in smaller spaces. Its storage bin is fully insulated, meaning the ice stored in it won’t melt for hours on end.
And when they start to, the device drains all the water detected by the sensor and automatically starts making new ice. This takes care of water conservation, and also means you will always have ice.
- Overall size: 28 x 26 x 38.5 inches
- Overall unit weight: 153 pounds
The Maxx ice brand is enough reason to buy this industrial ice maker machine. However, if you needed another, the Maxx Ice MIM250 features a sturdy steel construction ensuring longevity and can make up to 250 lbs. of ice every day.
This is enough for an average-size restaurant or bar.The integrated air cooled condenser ensures quick, top quality ice production. Another great feature is the automatic cleaning cycle.
Measurements & Production
- Size: 24 x 24 x 29 inches
- Weight: 144 pounds
- Makes up to 250lbs of ice a day
- Easy operation and maintenance
9.Costway 100LB/24H– Portable Commercial Ice Machine
Managing a restaurant takes virtually all the available time. If you are looking to manage your situation and make things easier for you without spending so much, it is best to go for an automatic ice machine.
With a little under $500, you can get a Costway ice machine that incorporates an automatic operation with a right display panel. With Costway, all processes involved in the production of ice are automatically done. The ice machine works when it is connected to a water power well, and it stops when the required quantity of ice has been produced.
Afterward, the ice machine automatically switches to the preservation stage. With the fingerprint features, users can track the activity of the machine through the display panel. Users can tell that the machine is full of ice when the indicator light is on.
Depending on your preference, you can set your machine to produce a particular ice cube size. Its quality stainless steel makes Costway stronger and more durable. With Costway ice maker, you can focus on other things without being worried about the state of the ice maker.
What We Liked
- It takes about 12-18 minutes to get filled with a batch of ice
- High-quality stainless steel
- Produces about 100lbs of ice daily
- The storage capacity of 33lbs
- Easy to use, clean and maintain
- Quiet to run
What We Didn’t Like
- The manual is difficult to comprehend
10. BEAMNOVA – Freestanding Ice Machine
At an affordable rate, BEAMNOVA ice machine is more effective than some expensive ice machines. In 12-15minutes making cycle, this commercial ice maker makes as much as 45 ice cubes at a time and 100lbs per day.
Its led indicator and auto control features notify the user of its water level and its full ice status. Users need not worry about the state of the ice after total production as the ice maker automatically switches to the cold preservation mode after concluding the ice-making process.
Its extended features help users to adjust its ice making cycle as well as the thickness of the cube. More so, the timing function allows users to set the start and stop period while the clean timer reminds users of the time required to clean the ice maker.
- Includes ETL, CSA and UL certifications which approve its use for commercial purposes.
- Automatically shuts off after completing a cycle
- Quick and fast ice making process
- Easy to control features
- Includes a drain hose which makes it easier to maintain
- It does not support outdoor use
- User must always inspect to drain the water
11. hOmeLabs HME030276N – Freestanding Ice Machine
If you want an ice-maker that can function effectively in 11 minutes, hOmeLabs is yours. Depending on the demand, this ice maker can produce large amounts of ice cubes at a time. In its first cycle of production, this ice maker produces up to 45 ice cubes.
In a day, it produces as much as 99lbs. Apart from its ice production component, this ice maker also has a storage cabinet that allows you to keep up to 29 pounds of ice cubes at a time. As it is easy to connect and use, it requires the services of no installation company.
As it cannot be cleaned automatically, users have to ensure that the power cord is disconnected before it is cleaned. It speedily makes ice. Hence, in 11-20 minutes, ice cubes are ready. Users can monitor the way the ice maker operates as well as set the machine to operate in a particular way through the use of the display panel.
What We Liked
- Ice cubes are produced in less than 20 minutes
- Freestanding design makes it easy to install the ice maker anywhere as long as the place has a water outlet
- Constant water supply and ice production as the machine is hooked directly to a water supply.
- Best for both commercial and industrial purposes
- Easy to use control panel
- Automatically shuts off when it is filled with ice
The SPT IM-440C 44 lb. Automatic Ice Maker is a great choice for budget-conscious consumers who want to enjoy the benefits of a high-quality commercial ice maker despite their limited finances. The stand-alone appliance is very simple to install in your bar or diner, or office, kiosk, even home. It can generate up to 44 lbs. of bullet shape ice cubes in less than 24 hours and store up to 9 lbs. of it at any given time.
The first major advantage of this device is its full stainless steel casing. This not only enables the machine to last long, but also gives it a great look. If longevity is your key concern, simply use purified or filtered water to prevent lime buildup and enjoy great-tasting and smelling ice cubes.
Distilled water or reverse osmosis (spring water) are also recommended. If you can’t use any of these types of water, make sure to clean the machine on a regular basis using critic acid to prevent the buildup of minerals that might end up compromising its performance.
The machine’s insulated storage bin keeps the generated ice from melting. There is also an energy saving aspect in that when the device’s sensor detects the bin is full. It automatically shuts off. No ice goes to waste, because all the ice that starts melting after being in the ice tray for a while gets is reused to make fresh ice.
The machine is plugged into a standard 110-120V outlet and consumes much less energy (rated 4.14A, 180 Watts). It weighs 60 pounds and its dimensions are 13.5W x 20.5D x 23.88H inches.
- Stores around 9lbs of ice at any given time
- Auto shut-off feature when the ice bucket gets full
- Sturdy stainless steel housing
- Freestanding application-generates up to 44lbs of ice a day
- Produces the first batch of bullet shape ice cubes within 18 minutes
13. Luma Comfort IM200SS – Portable Commercial Ice Machine
Luma Comfort is one of the best small commercial ice machines that can be purchased by small business owners. Business owners who cannot afford the large ice makers can still satisfy their clients without spending so much.
Luma Comfort produces up to 28lbs of ice every 24 hours. Its stainless steel prevents it from rusting thereby making it lasts as long as the owner wants to keep it. Even though it is portable, it produces clear ice bags and melts at a very slow rate thereby making it perfect for summer beverages and cocktails.
It comes with a display panel to indicate a complete ice-making cycle. In all, it is cost effective as it requires no plumbing or installation.
- Crystal clear ice cubes
- Ice melts slower than the popular cloudy ice
- Full ice and low water indicators
- Easy to use and control
- Requires no installation
- It is not advisable to retain ice cubes for a long period after production
14. Manitowoc B-570 – Best Storage Ice Bin
Its Storage Ice Bin has been designed specifically to serve as the ultimate solution to your ice storage needs. It is compact enough to fit in even smaller spaces, but big enough to holds hundreds of pounds of ice safely and hygienically.
The machine’s sturdy stainless steel design makes it possible to hold the large amounts of ice above without you worrying about it breaking down. It’s also very easy to install this machine. If you’re experiencing a constant demand for ice throughout the day, there is no better solution. You will only need to keep it as backup during peak hours.
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Weight: 152.5 pounds
- Available in black and silver finishes
- 430 pounds ice storage
- Size: 34 x 30 x 50 inches
- Meets NSF, ISO, CEE, 9001:2008, AHRI standards
If you still want to store smaller amounts of ice for a longer period of time and safely, this is the best choice for you. This machine, like some of the others on here, comes with an internal ice scoop holder that stays above the ice.
This offers easy access and is more hygienic. The machine features a stay-open design which adds to the ease of access by keeping the bin door out of the way. The fact that the entire device is designed using super durable stainless steel enables it to hold huge amounts of ice for longer periods of time.
- Dimensions: 38.0”H x 22.0”W x 34.0”D
- 210 lbs ice storage capacity
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Ice scoop holder for easy access
- Stay-open door design for convenient ice access
- Compliance with many strict standards including NSF, ISO, CEE, 9001:2008, AHRI
16. Manitowoc Ice IY-0906A/D-970/ Ice Maker – 1149 lbs per 24 hours
This ice maker combines volume with exceptional features to give users the value they desire. With a production capacity of 901 – 1149lbs of half dice ice cubes ad a storage capacity of 882-1200lb of half dice cubes, this ice maker can serve up to a thousand guest in a day.
It has an insulated door which keeps the ice all through the day. It also includes an acoustical probe which ensures that the ice is thick before falling into the storage bin.
- It saves unnecessary cost with its preventative maintenance scheme
- It saves time with its high level of productivity
- It includes a side grip which allows users to open the door easily
- Ice Scoop can pack as much as 5.3lb of half size ice at a time
- Ice scoop comes with a knuckle and thumb guard to prevent the ice from touching the hands
- Certified by AHRI and NSF
- It doesn’t include filters
- Insulated door to keep ice from melting
- High producing capacity
- Acoustical ice probe to determine the thickness of the ice
- Adjustable production cycle
- 24 hours diagnostic check to know if the ice machine is operating well
- Removable components in the food zone to enable effective clean-up
- Air-cooled condenser
- Makes use of R404A refrigerant
- Duratech Coating on the exterior to withstand corrosion and stain
Commercial Ice Makers Industry
sEver since the first consumer automatic ice maker machine for homes was released into the market by the Servel company around 1953, thousands more have followed to meet the increasing ice demand, not just in homes and restaurants, but also the healthcare industry.
Over the past five years to 2018, the Ice maker machine manufacturing industry has experienced an incredible 2.5% growth and is estimated to generate revenue of about $977m in 2019 alone.
The Ice maker machine manufacturing industry is expected to continue growing exponentially as demand for Ice from the major markets expands.
There is stiff competition between the major brands in the Ice maker machine industry, key players being Manitowoc, Hoshizaki, Scotsman, and Ice-O-Matic. Incorporating the latest tech into their products, these companies release different types of ice maker machines regularly.
BUYER’S GUIDE – What to Look For When Shopping For a Commercial Ice Maker
While the identified ice makers have their selling points, it is important to consider specific factors before making a decision. Here are the factors to look out for:
Size and Capacity
Ensure to pick a size that can fit into the available space. Create enough space for your ice-machine
Every business owner has a budget. You do not necessarily have to go out of your way to buy an ice-maker you cannot afford.
Look out for one that can satisfy your needs at a time. More so, ensure you consider the other costs like cost of installation, energy, water supply, and storage before purchasing an ice-maker.
Purchasing an energy-efficient ice-maker may cost more at first but will help you save more in the long run
As a business owner, you should never run out of ice. A fast producing ice cube machine will help you to keep up the supply level while you focus on more important things.
It is best to take note of the production rate before purchasing.
Water Supply Source
It is best to purchase an ice-maker that gives room for linkage to a constant water supply source
Type of Condenser
There are different types of condensers. The best one is the air-cooled type. Most people go for this because it is energy efficient and affordable.
Irrespective of the ice maker you purchase, ensure it contains a water filter, storage bin, ice bag, and ice-merchandise
How Much Ice Does A Commercial Ice Maker Produce Per Hour?
Small commercial ice makers can produce up to 10lbs per hour while a big commercial ice maker can produce up to 40lbs per hour.
However, the amount of ice an industrial ice machine can produce is dependent on the capacity of the ice maker. Check out the table above for ice production capacity of each industrial ice maker machine.
When choosing an ice machine, size, weight, and output are the most important considerations. We hope this review has been helpful in your decision-making process.
As always, we appreciate any and all feedback! As a bar or restaurant owner, you may want to check our post about POS systems for bar and restaurant.